Wednesday 30 May 2012

It's The Final Countdown


For the last couple of weeks, I’ve had this song playing in my head on repeat.  Have a listen (fast forward to  3:49 to get the bit that's on a continuous loop in Liffey Land) …


There. Is it stuck in your head now too?  

Anyway, it’s only a few more sleeps until K and I jet off to Australia.  

Woo hoo.  

I’m massively excited, and also absolutely dreading the journey there.  This will be the hardest travelling experience I’ve probably had to deal with to date, and that includes the night I slept in the Sahara and had to poop in the sand … twice (and this is going to the topic of a whole other post - I bet you're looking forward to that!).  If you know me, then you realise that I don’t like pooping anywhere other than a nice, sit-down loo, so I think you get the idea of how I feel about travelling ½ way across the world with a 2 year old. 

Kalani and I have a 32 hour journey to get to Australia.  Actually, it’s probably about 36 hours when you include check-in times and travel time to and from the airport etc. etc. - but you get the idea - it’s going to be a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg journey.   

So no doubt I’ll fill you in on all the gory details once I arrive and have recovered by filling myself with lots and lots of wine. :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment