Tuesday 17 April 2012

Remembering

Last Saturday was an important day for me.  You might know it as the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  I know it as the 1 year anniversary of the day I almost died.

Now I won’t go over the details again because you probably already know them (and if you don’t you can click here to read about it), but I wanted to share how I’m feeling about this.

Really good.

Really really really good.

!!!!

Ever since I wrote everything down and shared it with you, I’ve stopped thinking about it all the time.  Before that I thought about it every. single. day.  But now I don’t.  I won’t think about it for a week, and then suddenly I’ll remember.

Now this could just be a coincidence, it could be that time is making me forget.  Or it could be because I wrote it all down.  By sharing the experience I’ve stopped being so consumed by the memory of it.

Isn’t that great?  

So I’m thankful to be here.  And I’m so thankful that you’re all here too.

Thanks for reading poppety-poo’s
I loves ya
I do
I do 
I do 

That’s right - I’ve taken up poetry.  It's good isn’t it? ;P

This photo doesn't have anything to do with any of this.  It just makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment