Tuesday 21 February 2012

Walking Moments

Kalani is sick again (ear infection... again), so was home from daycare today.  It was actually a pretty easy day - we watched a lot of TV and then ate, slept and went to the doctors.  I shouldn't have needed a break by the end of the day, but I did - I really needed a break.  So I took Jazz for a walk - just the 2 of us.

Firstly, it's still light at 5:15.  When did this happen?  I'm so used to it being dark really really early, that I didn't notice that it isn't anymore.  Woo hoo - spring is on it's way (hypothetically at least - spring in St. John's doesn't seem to arrive until June).

It was beautiful outside. The snow isn't too deep right now, but is lovely and crunchy and not slippery which is handy, since I tend to just fall over if I so much as look at ice.  

We walked along the track and didn't see another living thing - not a human, animal, bird... nothing.  Just lovely.  As the light faded, color was leeched out of everything leaving just the white of the snow against the black of everything else.  Like a black and white photograph.  

It was one of those "oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  Life is good.  I'm so glad to be here" moments.  

It's funny how they just come upon you, these moments.  You can't create them, or look for them, they're just there.

So that's all I wanted to say.  I just wanted to share my moment with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment