Friday 17 February 2012

The Sleep Diaries: Day 3

Hmmmm... I'm becoming slightly disillusioned with this process now.  Partly because it's 6:10am and I've been up for over an hour already, and partly because the clock's honeymoon period is definitely over.  I think I was expecting instant success (even if I pretended otherwise), and so far there hasn't really been much improvement.

To be fair, Kalani did wake up a little later this morning (4:50am), and I did my usual thing of going into his bedroom twice to point at the clock, tell him it was night-time still and then put him back into bed.  However, he then cried at the door until it was wake-up time.  Luckily it was only for a few minutes.

I think that he may be a little young for the concept of the clock.  On one of my 'go back to sleep' visits, I pointed at the clock and asked what time it was.  He replied "Night Time" with great enthusiasm!  Really?  You're happy that it's night-time?  Then, when I went into his room once the clock had changed to the day-time sun image, I pointed at the clock again and asked what time it was, to which he replied "Night Time".

So, I think that Kalani believes that a clock is called 'Night Time'.

This wouldn't be the first time that we've accidentally misnamed something.  Kalani will probably go through his entire life believing that a toilet is actually called "Don't touch that it's dirty".

Anyway, we'll stick with it, because I prefer to have a plan, even if it's not totally working out, and it is early days still. (bwahahaha) 

No comments:

Post a Comment