Thursday 16 February 2012

The Sleep Diaries: Day 2

Before I get into today's post, I'd like to start with a kind of disclaimer.

If you have children who do sleep well (and it seems that most people we know have these freaky specimens - Dan and I don't think they're really children at all - more robot types), then I don't hate you.  I'm just insanely jealous of the huge amounts of sleep that you get.  I'm a little curious as to why you're reading this at all since you obviously don't need to, but I'm very glad that you are since it means that I'm not just writing to myself (which is hopefully not quite as bad as talking to oneself, but it's still not good).

Also, to everyone who's let me know of their success with this clock malarky - thank you, I 'm really glad that you've let me know that it worked for you. It's great to have your support and to know that I'm not wasting my time with us.

Okay, so that's covered all 4 of you who read this, so back to business.  It's only Day 2, but things are still going relatively well.

The clock was set for 5am, and K stayed asleep until 4.45 (which is a slight improvement on the last couple of days).  I had to go into his room twice to get him back into bed, and when I pointed to the clock and asked him what it meant when the moon was showing on the clock he said "Night Time".  I'm not sure if he understands what "Night Time" means, but you have to start somewhere!

Then, he stayed quiet until just after 5 when I'm hoping that he saw the sun come out on his clock (because it sure as buggery wasn't out in the sky) and knew that it was time to get out of bed.

So far, so good, though it has only been 2 days so far, and any improvements might just be a fluke.  Tomorrow I've changed his 'sun arrival' time to 5:15 so we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

  1. You're on the right track! Fingers crossed for 5:15am! Only someone with kids would say that.

    ReplyDelete