Tuesday 14 February 2012

Just stay the *beep* asleep

I feel inspired to write this post because this morning K had me up at 4.30.  Yup, that's right - 4.30am - aka, the middle of the night.

Now, K and early mornings are no strangers.  He normally wakes up around 5, 5.30ish each day, but this morning was a new record and has pushed me way over the line.

I am tired - so very very tired, and I'm cranky and have no patience and sometimes find myself wishing that it was just D and I again - no children, just us.

*sigh*  Anyway, obviously I don't really mean that because I love K with a ridiculous amount of love, and would never take back my old life... 

BUT ...

Tomorrow brings the start of a new early morning regime in this house.  There will be NO leaving the bedroom until at least 6am - I don't care if there's screaming and yelling and banging and sobbing, he's going to stay in his bedroom, by himself, until 6am.

D and I are going to take it in turns to sleep in the guest bedroom which is not quite out of earshot of K's room, but at least a little further away than our bedroom, and the 'on-duty' parent will yell 'Go back to sleep' at K's closed door.

I foresee a few hard weeks ahead of us.  I wonder who'll give in first, us or him?


2 comments:

  1. http://www.momversation.com/momversation/flippin-tired

    This is for you. I read it this morning, and when I read this post I knew you needed to have this.

    "It's just sitting there, being bread." I know you can relate. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - it's comforting to know we're not the only ones :)

    ReplyDelete